Are you looking for a rewarding career where you feel like you have made a difference at the end of the day? We invite you to apply for any of the following positions by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKERS – Estevan Office
Position Type: Casual
Hours of Work: Flexible Schedule – Evening and Weekend Work Required
Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Grade 12 and a Human Services Certificate, diploma or degree, or equivalent work experience providing the following: Knowledge and experience working with children, youth, and families in crisis; knowledge of the Ministry of Social Services; understanding of client-centered and strength-based services
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries, take initiative, demonstrate reliability, flexibility and work independently
- Ability to perform tasks to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, observation and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and in collaboration with other professionals
- Awareness of community resources, child development, alternative parenting strategies and knowledge of child maltreatment, family dynamics and stressors
- Must have valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle that can accommodate car seats
What we can offer you:
- Rewarding, meaningful work in a positive workplace
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity for continuous personal and professional growth
- A fulfilling job you will look forward to going to
Here’s what your contribution will be as a Family Support Worker:
- Work independently as well as part of a team to provide support to families in their home and community
- Maintain client support according to the contract particulars including development of strength-based treatment plans, which will support the contract outcomes, with the Ministry of Social Services Case Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator and the family
- Provide education and support for life skills, modeling appropriate boundaries, parenting skills, household management.
- Promote healthy child development and positive interaction between family members
- Provide transportation for client appointments and supervised visits
- Record keeping of client information and prepare regular progress reports
Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Closing Date: June 19, 2018
Please send your application to:
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc.
Estevan, SK. S4A 2A5
Attention: Laura Melle, Family Support Supervisor
Please Note: Successful applicants must consent to a Criminal Record Check