Are you looking for a rewarding career where you feel like you have made a difference at the end of the day? We invite you to apply for any of the following positions by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
Family Support Workers – Estevan/Weyburn Offices
Position Type: Casual
Hours of Work: Flexible Schedule – Daytime, Evening and Weekend Availability Required
Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Grade 12 and a Human Services Certificate, diploma or degree, or equivalent work experience providing the following: Knowledge and experience working with children, youth, and families in crisis; knowledge of the Ministry of Social Services; understanding of client-centered and strength-based services
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries, take initiative, demonstrate reliability, flexibility and work independently
- Ability to perform tasks to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, observation and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and in collaboration with other professionals
- Awareness of community resources, child development, alternative parenting strategies and knowledge of child maltreatment, family dynamics and stressors
- Must have valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle that can accommodate car seats
What we can offer you:
- Rewarding, meaningful work in a positive workplace
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity for continuous personal and professional growth
- A fulfilling job you will look forward to going to
Here’s what your contribution will be as a Family Support Worker:
- Work independently as well as part of a team to provide support to families in their home and community
- Maintain client support according to the contract particulars including development of strength based treatment plans, which will support the contract outcomes, with the Ministry of Social Services Case Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator and the family
- Provide education and support for life skills, modeling appropriate boundaries, parenting skills, household management.
- Promote healthy child development and positive interaction between family members
- Provide transportation for client appointments and supervised visits
- Record keeping of client information and prepare regular progress reports
Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Closing Date: October 25, 2019
Please send your application to:
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc.
Estevan, SK. S4A 2A5
Attention: Lynda Rideout, Assistant Executive Director
Please Note: Successful applicant must consent to a Criminal Record Check